Page Background

Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DIY Scratch Off Tickets

I love scratch-off tickets. I love the anticipation as you rub that penny across the ticket waiting to see what you’ve won/earned underneath. I decided to make that the basis of my gift for my Husband this Valentine’s Day.LinL-7.jpg

Start by gathering your supplies:

  • Lucky in Love cards printed on cardstock
  • Paper cutter
  • Marker/pen
  • Paint brush
  • Metallic acrylic paint
  • Dish soap
  • Contact Paper OR clear packing tape

I decided to make my Lucky in Love with one per day for him to scratch off. So I printed the page 4 times (there are 4 to a sheet and I needed at least 14.) After cutting them out, I wrote out my messages.

You could write a variety of things each day; quotes, love notes, activities/something to do each day, coupon, etc.

Now it is time to paint! Instructions of how to make the scratch off ticket were found here but essentially it is one part dish soap added to two parts metallic acrylic paint. MY TIPS: I was originally going to get the silver metallic paint, but when I got to the store they were out. I found the bright red metallic paint and it ended up matching the cards PERFECTLY! Also, instead of using contact paper (or laminating…which some comments suggested), I just put a piece of clear packing tape on the card. It worked beautifully! So much easier then cutting out contact paper.

LinL-2.jpg


For the whole tutorial and more pictures go to http://www.thedatingdivas.com

They have other great ideas for gifts on Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment