Page Background

Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Key Lime Pie Cupcakes

I saw these cupcakes on a blog and I have to admit I love Key Lime. When I saw these it brought back that memory of how much I loved them. I have made these before and they are simple and divine. Enjoy!

Key Lime Pie Cupcakes
recipe adapted from 101 gourmet cupcakes in 10 minutes
Ingredients:
1 white cake mix
3 eggs
1 c. half and half
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 Tbs. Key Lime Juice ( I used lime juice)
4 Tbs. Grated lime peel (about 2 limes for garnish)

Baking Instructions:
Mix together cake mix, eggs, half and half, and 3 T. key lime juice. Pour 1-2 T. of cake batter into each cupcake paper liner. In a separate bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and rest of the lime juice. Evenly divide lime milk into batter-filled cups. Tops with remaining batter until 3/4 full.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.

Frost cupcakes with frosting and garnish with grated lime peel.

Yields: 18-24 cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment